Today is all about the benefits of pottery for our wellbeing.
- Pottery is creative: There are physical and mental benefits to pottery. Pottery allows you to express yourself by what you create with the clay. And as an added bonus, you end up making something for yourself and this gives you a sense of self achievement.
- Pottery provides outlets: Pottery has been known to provide a person with outlets for grief and spontaneity. It allows you to find self-identification and self-expression. It also boosts self-esteem and confidence.
- Reduce stress: Pottery keeps the hands busy and the sense of touch is important. The need for focus is high and this keeps the mind busy so that outside distractions are ignored and this in turn reduces stress, and anxiety.
- Pottery and focus: pottery improves your focus. The important need to be focused on your creation, helps the brain to keep focused on one thing and this helps the mind to relax and expand aiding in future ability to focus on one activity at a time.
- Pottery and pain: Pottery helps to reduce stress which is usually cause for pain.
- Arm to finger exercise: The movement needed to create with clay strengthens the arms, wrists and hands. It is usually a gentle, fluid and calm movement and the movement has been known to benefit those suffering with arthritis in the hands.
- Improve life quality: Just like all hobbies and crafts, pottery is important in boosting self-esteem, self-exploration and self-worth.